Farms are one of the most important things in Clash of Kings in case you don’t want live in constant state of war with other players! There are two ways to gather resources in CoK. 1. Plunder from other players or 2. Gather from the resource plots on the world map. Farming is combination of the two, where the other player is you as well because its your own castle of another account you created. Advantage of this is that you don’t expect retaliation when you attack it for resources. Let me outline most effective ways to create a farm account.
- First of all make sure your main account is bound to your primary google account. (Settings > Account > Bind Account > Google+ bind). This will make sure you don’t lose your primary account when you switch to a farm account.
- Then start a new game (Settings > Account > Start a new game).
- Once you have created the new account bind it to a new Google account (don’t bind to the same Google account of your Primary account. Else your primary account will be lost.
Ok, now that you have created and bound your farm account to a new Google account let me outline some steps to grow your farm to be most effective fast.
- First follow the beginner quests and get all the quest rewards you can get from them. This will come handy as you start building.
- Secondly, use the “novice teleport” to teleport your farm as close to your primary castle as possible. You need to do that before upgrading castle lvl5.
- Your target is to quickly build your castle level to lvl11. So whenever you have enough resources for castle or wall upgrade just do it. Oh, and also you will need depot to be lvl9 to be able to castle lvl 10. So you should plan to upgrade to lvl9 as you go along.
- You will get 10 resource plots in your castle. Divide them as this: 2 sawmil, 2 farms, 5 Military tents and 1 hospital. When you get to lvl5 castle you get to open 5 more resource plots. Then you build 3 military tents, 1 farm and 1 sawmill. When you get to lvl10, 5 more plots will be available. Build 5 hospitals on them. This build strategy will help you build farm troops fastest.
- Remember not to upgrade any building inside your walls other than the ones required to upgrade castle. Do upgrade your College to maximum possible levels. Lvl 5 lets you research Legion I which gives you 2 marches to gather with, Lvl11 lets you research Legion II which gives you 3 marches to gather with.
- To begin with train 3 types of lvl1 troops but no cavalry. Cavalry has the least load bearing capability so they are no good for gathering. Eventually you will replace all your troops with Assault carts (Siege lvl2). Assault carts are the best troop for farming as their load is 25. more than double of any other troops. When you have enough Assault carts slowly dismiss your other troops to minimize farm upkeep.
- You will need multiple farms as you grow your main castle as resource needs are gonna get sky high. Its recommended that you create one farm for each resource type: Wood, Food, Iron. You probably will not need a Mithril farm as the requirement is rather low and world map is full with the plots with very less competition.
- In College these are the important researches you should focus on in the given order:
- Resources: All researches need to be carried out in this category. In case your farm is resource specific you can skip a few researches that isn’t related to that resource type you are gathering using this farm.
- City Development: Supply cart (10/10). This will increase load value of your Assault carts. This would mean you can gather more resources with less troops keeping upkeep low.
- City Defense: Dont bother researching it in farm.
- Military: Recruitment (10/10): helps you train farm troops fast, Cartography(10/10): helps you travel to resource plots fast.
- With following the above you can harvest a lvl6 resource plots with 11325 Assault carts. so the amount of total troops you need for farm is 33975 Assault carts. You can further lower it by using Equipments which gives you Troop Load +x% attribute. Get all 6 equipments wih Troop Load attribute. and Upgrade them to as high Troop Load value possible. Keeping upkeep low will help you gather more resources without much consumption of food.
- You have built 5 hospitals in Step 3. Upgrade them to lvl11. This will ensure you will have 16500 Space in hospitals to treat your farm troops when they are attacked by an aggressor. When you are done training your required number of troops you can demolish the Military tents to build more hospitals for further safety.
- Once all of these have been completed you can do rest of building upgrades as you like. But don’t upgrade the turrets on the wall.
- Always keep your farm troops busy gathering.
- Make sure you collect daily rewards and Wishing well resources daily as well.
Alliance contributions for making farms better:
There are lots of steps that an alliance can take to make your farming more effective.
- A strong alliance can protect your farm troop from being attacked by an aggressor.
- Alliance can build super mine where your farm troops can gather faster. You should build much more troops in case you want to fully utilize the Super mine.
- Some alliance create multiple sub alliances with different types of resource super mines. You should take advantage of that and create multiple farm accounts one in each of those sub alliances.
Plundering your farm
While Plundering your farm make sure of these things:
- All farm troops are out for gathering and none of them are returning home soon.
- You use maximum load bearing troops for plundering and they have most HP as well. Best troops for this are Siege engines. Never use cavalry as they are going to get killed by the lvl1 turrets. As your primary account grows you will train trebuchets as lvl VII siege engine.. They can give u zero loss during plundering.
- Keep repairing your farms every 30 mins when you are done plundering it multiple times. If the wall defense goes to zero your farm is going to get auto teleported to some random location and you might not be able to plunder it anymore due to vast distance. In case you have plundered it so many times that the fire is gonna burn 10+ hours or so, its economical to use 50 gold to extinguish the fire. Your farm will anyway keep savings golds for that.
- Never store food in main castle. Its gonna be consumed by the troops. Whenever you need food you should attack your food farm with calculated number of troops to get the exact amount of food you need.
- When plundering other resource type farms, you should regularly clean them out completely so that other players don’t get to plunder them.
Over and Out!
CRUSHERSPIKE / <<Superman>>